Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Living and Working With Intention

I have just returned from South Carolina where I keynoted to a group of optical professionals- from Doctors to their front office teams, on the concept of living and working with intention.

When I was first given the task to speak on the subject, I must admit I was a bit rattled on what to say, and certainly questioned if I had enough material and insight to fill an hour and half of stage time.  As I was preparing the presentation, it began to really hit home- "Are we just going through the motions, or are we leaving a legacy?"  No matter what role we play- large or small- we can live and work with the intention to be the best we can be, to go the extra mile for someone, to "be-there" for another, to make someone's day.  Sadly, most of us don't.

I was amazed by the response from the audience and the conversations that occurred throughout the day and into the next.  People were genuinely stirred by the idea of creating a life they always wanted, but never felt they could.  I am not sure why exactly we do this to ourselves.  Each of us are equipped with our own special gifts, talents and desires.  We are the Master of our fate.  We can, with intention- view our life from The End to now, and start walking toward what we always wanted to become.  For me, it was a reminder to live life fully and collect as many amazing stories as I can.  It also reminded me that "whether I think I can, or think I can't, I am right."

Thanks, South Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment